LEGO® Serious Play®
LEGO® Serious Play is a thinking and problem-solving tool that engages groups in a dynamic process where 3D LEGO® models become artifacts that hold complex organizational information.
The Lego® Serious Play® process helps to develop a shared understanding of your project, no matter if it’s a new business model, a new culture, strategy, or innovation.
Ideas, hypothesis, and visions become alive with Lego® models and can imprint themselves in memory.
In this process, Lego® is not a toy but prototyping material. Ideas can be developed and discussed in a comprehensible way at the model.
LEgo® serious play® Trainings
Lego® serious play® Certified Facilitator Training (3 days)
LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Basics Training (1 day)
What is LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®?
Developed by LEGO® together with the International Institute for Management Development in Lausanne (IMD), LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® offers unique process solutions to realize the full potential and creativity of teams. LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® is based on the latest knowledge about systemic thinking, brain research, strategy and game development.
What are the benefits of LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®?
- Make complex information and abstract ideas visible and comprehensible
- Design a new, clear vision shared by the team of their future, the product, brand or company etc.
- Optimize the team by creating a shared understanding of what matters most
- Develop shared values and simple guiding principles
- „Play future“ and uncover with scenarios possible future developments and sustainable solutions
What is the Agenda of the 3 day training?
- Focus on LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® for Team Optimisation
- The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Process „Real Time Identity for the Team“
- The (neuro)scientific background of LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®
- The role of the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Facilitator
- Focus on LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® in strategy and innovation
- The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Process „Real Time Strategy for the Enterprise“
- „Thinking from within“ with LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®
- Designing LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Workshops
- Focus on doing LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®: A LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Workshop designed and facilitated by the participants
- Retrospective, feedback, and learning by doing
For whom is the training?
Everyone experienced in leading teams and facilitating workshops.
Do I get a Certificate?
Yes, if you attended the whole training and proved your new knowledge and skills with the facilitation on the last day!
Where is the training taking place?
The open trainings are taking place in our CoCreACT Space in Hamburg (Afrikahaus, Große Reichenstraße 27, 20457 Hamburg, in the courtyard of the Elefantenhaus). We can do closed trainings at a location of your choice. We do not need much for that: daylight, moveable tables, chairs, free walls and lots of space.
How many days?
The StrategicPlay® fundamentals on LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® take 3 days. We start at around 9:00 am until 6:00 pm. Please make sure that you have enough time after the end of the second day because then it’s time to design and prepare your first own LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® workshop!
What is included?
The fee includes: Training and special training material, snacks, refreshments, and lunch. For in-house trainings, special conditions apply. The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® material will be provided by us for the duration of the training
How many participants?
Our LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® trainings cover a lot of theory AND practice where you use hands and brain all the time. Therefore we prefer small training teams of max. 8 participants. In-house trainings can be offered for bigger groups, with more trainers. Also, we need at least three participants to make the training happen.
- Everyone can (learn to) build!
- Nobody has to be talented – artistically or technically – to express him-/herself (like with painting etc.)
- No mess, no dirt.
- Everything that was built is reversible, customizable!
- Lego is fun!
- The LEGO Serious Play materials are designed to be diverse and stimulating for the imagination.
- LEGO allows four-dimensional simulations!
Do you train only me or also my team?
We offer trainings open for everyone, but also in-house for teams. If you’re interested in training a team, please contact us to discuss your needs and requirements, so that we can customize our training offering for you.